Caramel Pecan Cream Cheese Dip makes a great snack for tailgating or just any time!
It’s really simple to prepare and warms up well too.
Caramel Pecan Cream Cheese Dip
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
1/3 Caramel Sauce (or caramel ice cream topping)
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
Granny Smith Apples
This is a simple dip to make, you just have to allow enough time for it to slowly bake on the grill or oven.
Prepare the Pan
I like to use a small cast iron skillet for this dip because it’s perfect for grilling or baking and goes right to the table for serving. Just add a plate of crisp apple slices.
My skillet is about 6″ and the perfect size for smoking or baking cream cheese. We love preparing cream cheese dips because it is so easy and they are so tasty!
Sometimes we just cover the cream cheese with seasoning like Tajin chili lime, bake it (on the grill, in the oven, or air fryer), and top it with something like apricot preserves or salsa after it’s done. Here are some other recipes for dips I have made and we loved.
For even more delicious recipes, you may like these:
Smoked Cream Cheese
Avocado Veggie Dip
Fried Green Tomatoes with Dip
Back to the skillet! Spray the skillet or whatever kind of oven-proof dish you are using with cooking spray or grease with butter.
Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. If you aren’t a fan of nutmeg just leave it out. I didn’t add any salt to this dip but next time I might try adding a bit of sea salt when it’s done. Just a thought)
Cover the block of cream cheese with the sugar mixture, coating all sides. Lightly press it into the cheese so it sticks well.
Preheat the grill (or oven) to 200 degrees. Score the top of the cream cheese with a sharp knife. This makes the cheese open a bit during baking.
Caramel Topping & Pecans
Drizzle the caramel topping over the cream cheese. I used Smuckers Caramel Topping in a jar but there are several brands out there. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the topping.
If you have any of the brown sugar mixture left over, sprinkle it on top too. No need to waste any sweet goodness!
Bake on the grill (oven or air fryer) for two hours. Place under the broiler for a couple of minutes at the end to get the dip bubble and crisp on top.
Serve hot with crisp Granny Smith apple slices. You need tart apples for this dip and Granny Smith fits the bill.
Hint: Use Fruit Fresh on apple slices to keep them from turning dark. You can buy this in the canning section. I usually mix some with water, dip the slices and then pat dry. Fruit Fresh is a must if you like to prepare fruit and cheese trays or charcuterie boards.
This caramel pecan cream cheese dip warms up nicely too! We had it for the football game on Saturday and on Sunday afternoon I warmed the leftovers in the microwave….tasted just as good as Saturday.
More from My Blog
Caramel Pecan Cream Cheese Dip
- Cast Iron Skillet Tin foil pan for grill or oven-proof dish for an oven.
- Preheat grill to 200 degrees. Spray cast iron skillet with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (nutmeg is optional)
- Coat the block of cream cheese with the sugar mixture. Cover all sides. Press sugar mixture in lightly to adhere.
- Score cream cheese with sharp knife.
- Drizzle caramel sauce or topping over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle any leftover brown sugar mixture, no need to let it go to waste!
- Bake on the grill at 200 degrees for two hours. (Recipe can also be baked in the oven, a smoker, or an air fryer – just use an oven-proof dish.)
- When completed, place under a broiler for a couple of minutes to make topping crisp and bubbly.
- Serve with crisp, tart, Granny Smith apple slices.